Thursday, August 21, 2008

Swimming lessons






I knew that I wanted Z to take swimming lessons this summer. In Utah I grew up next to a swimming pool and I would swim everyday, all day long. I want my kids to love swimming and to be able to be safe in a swimming pool. I had heard about a park about 20 minutes away that provided lessons. I signed up online for July 28th - July 31st (I know I don't know why it has taken me so long to post) and it seemed to work out great. When we got there we found out that only kids over 5 years old could be in a class (of course this was not said on the web site) so Z had to be in private lessons. We paid $50 for 4 days of lessons -- ouch!! What was crazy was there were only 4 kids in the entire pool -- even kids over 5 got private lessons because no one else signed up for lessons. Despite the mix up with private lessons, the biggest problem was that Z had 3 different teachers. The girl that we had on Tuesday and Wednesday was really good and I wish that we could have had her the entire time. Z did really well as soon as he would decide to be brave and also to stop talking his teacher's ear off. He would try to convince them to play games and do things his way :) He did great though and it is a nice pool. I wish we had a swimming pool close by -- we are going to have to figure out some more places to go swimming so he can practice.

I am really upset because the card in our camera decided to do strange things and lots of my pictures and movies didn't work :( The only pictures we have are from his first day.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Good job on the swimming lessons. Olivia did 3 classes this summer and really improved. It was a lot of fun.