Monday, September 1, 2008

At the beach



As I said earlier when my sister came to visit we went to the Outer Banks. We were able to spend a few hours at the beach. We were not going to really get in and swim, but we all ended up doing just that (except for B of course). It is amazing how strong the tide is. At one point I tried to take Z out a little further with me. As we were turned around looking back towards the beach a strong wave hit us in the back and knocked both of us down. I had a death grip on Z's arm and Jer was afraid that I was going to break it. Waves kept coming and we couldn't get up. It was a little exciting, but Z was a brave boy and I was happy he didn't become afraid of the water after that. B didn't like the beach this time as much as last time, but Z really enjoyed playing in the sand and Jer, my sister and I loved playing in the water. Great Fun!!

2 comments:

Heather Shepherd said...

That same wave thing happened to me in Hawaii years ago. I was in the water with a friend's little girl and the wave hit us and pulled us down. Before I could get up and get her out it was on us again. Thankfully I was able to tell her to run before the next one came and I literally threw her out of the water and she run up further on the beach.

I ended up with a swimsuit butt full of sand!

Tamara Terrill said...

I am sure I am not the first one to notice, but your son looks just like your husband and your daughter looks so much like you! I love it when it works out that way! Great pictures-